Friday, February 23, 2007

The word is spreading

I'm still really surprised when my name appears around the way, so I have to share. Yesterday, Pereira Cycles was mentioned twice on bikeportland.org. Once in reference to the Handmade Bicycle Show with fellow builders Sacha, Ira and Joseph. And again about a little photo shoot I was involved in for a Portland based magazine called Wend. I met the Editor of Wend a little while back and he invited a few framebuilders to come and sport some stylin' wool duds for the shoot. It was really funny to "model"--we were all busting out our best Magnums and Blue Steels for the camera. I'm really happy that so many of my friends have seen the magazine--not because I'm in there, but because the magazine is so good and it deserves to succeed. At a time when mainstream magazines like Men's Journal, Outside, etc. are playing to the lowest common denominator and short attention spans with hollow 200 word articles, Wend is bucking that trend with long format articles that span 6 pages filled with great writing and beautiful photography. Check it out.

Another great surprise came to my in box the other day when bike-shop-owner clients Brian and Greg of Bike Pedalers in Lincoln, Nebraska sent me a link to their newly overhauled web site. Turns out they are my first dealer! Every page on the site has pictures of the bikes they bought from me. Greg even went so far to say "... my Pereria rides so fine I hardly believe it. I've got a lot of nice bikes (eisentrauts,sachs, vanilla, jack taylor) but lately yours is the one I jump on for the daily ride." Holy crap! My head is swelling! These are the exact builders whose work has given me the inspiration to do what I do. This is about the biggest complement I could ever get. Thanks guys!

1 comment:

cvo said...

I saw the blue 29er on the floor of pedalers during the race we had the other day. That bike is sweet...