Saturday, October 29, 2005

Joining the Circus

I can't get into my shop today so I'm taking care of "that list" of stuff I keep putting off.

Can't get into my shop.

Pereira Cycles has been a full-time endeavor for me for about two months now. After moving to Portland, Oregon I rented a space and set up the shop that I dragged here from Salt Lake City. Luckily I found a spot to set up right after arriving...unluckily it is located inside another business, so I only have access while they are open. Eventually the space will be improved and I'll have my own door. Since I couldn't get in today I had the opportunity to make some progress towards that eventual goal: filed my LLC paperwork, applied for a business license, filled out some insurance forms--all things that will be necessary for me to convince the owner of the building that I am serious and ready to take it to the next level. The insurance is the big one. The business I rent from is an auto repair shop. He specializes in some pretty high-zoot stuff. Lots of custom cars. I understand him wanting to cover himself--if I burn the place down or something horrendous like that.

Anyway...I'm Tony Pereira. I build custom bicycle frames. I think they rock. Now I have a blog too...just like everyone else.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok, here goes...long time viewer, first time blogger...

tony made me a bike too...geared 29'r. it's so sweet i haven't ridden my full suspension since. rode it at the 24 hrs of moab too with all the other PBR meatheads, that was a gas fo sho. thanks tony.

btw, have you seen the latest velonews? the hippy and dr. drake are in full view in the race start photo.

we're all waiting for snow here in slc...but the trails and temps are still good so the wednesday night session is still going on.

have some fun...peace-out

Anonymous said...

Hey Tony,
Welcome to Portland. Just found your site from a link on Molly Cameron's blog. Look forward to running into you some time.

Anonymous said...

good day!
Best my wishes to Admin.
Very much interesting site. Tomorrow I shall return again.

Another links here:

http://paxil.butkel1.org/ paxil


Thank's!